The Martin Group, a premier advertising and public relations agency is looking to hire Freelance Graphic Designer/Production Artists for both our Buffalo and Rochester Locations
While an Art Director comes up with creative concepts, a Graphic Designer/Production Artist executes them and brings them to life. That’s why strong typographic and layout skills, strict attention to detail, and outstanding organizational, project management, and file-organization are a must.
- Collaborate closely with Senior Production Designer, Art Directors and Developers
- Prepare final press-ready files based on supplied specifications for several types of printing
- Make various formats of supplied artwork production-ready and resolve any artwork issues that arise during production
- Provide image retouching, clipping paths and additional image manipulation
- Package and preflight files for release to printers or media partners
- Create PDFs for print and client review
- Prepare images for online and mobile applications
- Catalog and reference art for future projects
- Follow a development timeline to ensure tasks are being completed on time
- Troubleshoot problems as they arise with both the creative team and the printer
Professional experience and skills:
- A bachelor’s degree in design or other related positions is preferred for this position
- Significant course work in graphic design, print production, visual arts or a related field, along with an outstanding portfolio and experience that demonstrates clear knowledge of print production and design, may suffice in the absence of a degree.
- Solid knowledge of printing processes and should be adept with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly, Adobe Photoshop)
- Experience with digital content such as websites, social media, online advertising and email campaigns, along with basic knowledge of HTML5, Adobe After Effects and web-development software aren’t a necessity, but will certainly be a plus
- A Graphic Designer/ Production Artist should have strong analytical skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment.
This position is no longer open. Please check our Careers page
for our available positions.
The Martin Group shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, creed (religion), color, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, military status, age, disability, predisposing genetic characteristic, marital status or domestic violence victim status, and shall also follow the requirements of the Human Rights Law with regard to non-discrimination on the basis of prior criminal conviction and prior arrest.